Visa free countries for Kenyan passport holders
Kenyan passport holders can visit up to 39 countries without having a Visa from the respective countries as long as you have a passport that is up to date. Some of the countries though may ask for other documents when you enter visa-free that may include:
• A valid Travel health insurance.
• Proof of your return ticket.
• Evidence of your hotel reservation or accommodation.
• Evidence that you have enough money to finance your trip. This is to avoid illegal working in their country.
They do however limit as to how long you can stay without a visa because of many reasons. Below is a table that stages the countries you can visit visa free and how long you the government will allow you to stay.
|Antigua and Barbuda||1 month|
|Hong Kong||90 days|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||up to 3 months|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||1 month|
|Trinidad and Tobago||90 days|
|Uganda||up to three months|
Some countries are going digital and allow people to get their visas online. There are 15 countries that Kenyan Citizens are required to have an E-Visa. They are listed below. Also included are how long the visa is valid for stay.
|Gabon||up to 6 months|
|Georgia||up to 3 months|
|Kyrgyzstan||up to 90 days|
|Sao Tome and PrÃincipe||30 days|
Sometimes the hustle of waiting for your visa and the stress really ruins the fun and excitement of travel. So, some countries offer Kenyan Citizens a Visa upon Arrival to ease the burden and stress. Though there are a few steps that one has to undergo after cross checking with the table attached below for relative country.
1. Finding the correct airport. Not all airports offer this particular service, so cross checking to find the specific airports in the country that issue the visas on arrival should be a start.
2. Have your documents prepared. This goes without saying because without documentation you cannot move around and justify your details. The documents differ from country to country, but the general required documents are:
• Your passport
• Visa application form
• Travel Insurance
• Proof of financial means
• Proof of hotel reservation
• Proof of purchased return ticket
4. Have money on hand to pay the fee. Some of the countries require to pay beforehand while applying for the visa while others you can pay upon arrival. Either way make sure you have either money in hand for payment or receipt as proof of payment. The fee changes based on your country of destination, the visa type and whether it’s a single or a multiple entry visa.
With the above steps you are free to travel without stress and comfort.
The following countries offer visas on arrival. Also included are how long the visa is valid for stay.
|Burkina Faso||1 month|
|Cape Verde||90 days|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||7 days|
|Nepal||up to 90 days|
|Saint Lucia||6 weeks|
|Sierra Leone||1 month|
|South Sudan||3 months|
|Sudan||up to 30 days|